This list is in alphabetical order.
10 Sites to use w/ Mobile Phones in Education
- Audioboo - A great site w/ mobile apps for all platforms, for recording one's voice and then embedding it into a site/blog.
- Cel.ly - Is an instant mobile network for connecting people and tracking topics. Also, a great way to manage cell phones from a web environment.
- ClassPager - CP takes the classroom "clicker" to the next level through the use of text messaging, polling, Q/A, and the ability to update students/parents at any time.
- ClassParrot - A safe and simple way to text students. This is a great way to send class reminders, updates, and allow for parents to receive texts too.
- gText - A great site for free group texting. A user can send texts, files, photos, and more.
- SnappSchool - This is a great site to engage parents for free w/ SS messenger. Also, a user can send class wide updates by text message or email straight from their phone.
- StudyBlue - A great way to study online flashcards, quizzes, or study guides. Also, there is a free mobile app for SB for all platforms.
- StudyBoost - A great way to study on a cell phone through text messaging and SMS.
- TXTNLRN - A innovative site for teaching and learning through text messaging. Everything associated w/ this site such as signing up for a class is all done through the use of texting.
- Wiffiti - This is a great site that allows users from a cell phone to send texts to a display or screen. A new version w/ more features is coming soon.